What Airless Sprayer to use with Peelaway1?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm looking to hire an airless sprayer to use Peelaway1 with and wondered if anybody here had any advice/recommendations. Peelaway is a paintstripper poultice that can be mixed with 20% water for use with an airless system but I'm not sure if I need a particular spec machine to deal with Peelaway. Would this one from HSS work for instance?

http://www.hss.com/g/61421/Portable-Airless-Spray.html

Cheers

JD

Sponsored Links
It's not a small job as I'm removing all of the paint from the front of my house. thanks anyway.

Better off with a roller than thinning it down and spraying all over the next doors car.

Sponsored Links
That's crossed my mind Joe 90. Have you used this paint stripper with a roller before? I was trying to avoid the mess you get when troweling it on.

Just a word to the wise, I spent 8 years as a manager for one of the largest ailess paint spray manufacturers in the world.
Spraying a paint stripper is a definate no no.
reason:
Yest the product WILL migrate to places where you dont want it, nextdoors conservatory roof, car, fence, plants and even pets because you are going to be atomising a product thats sole purpose is to destroy a coating at a micro level.
You and those around you will be breathing that in, it will be as a micro vapour, it will imediately start to work on the respitory system, if you are protected by the correct type of breathing aperatus then it will also be permiating into your clother to your skin. The people around you will also have this product in the air they are breathing and because its water bourn it will travel further that say an oil or solvent base.

If you are to roll this product then you still need to go OTT with the personal protection.
Seek the manufactures advise and stick with it as that way you are covered.

active85, I've decided against the airless system are going old school with a spatula.
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back