What are "WE" meant to do?

H

huddsspread

as you can see im bored on sunday and sat on the internet...

Anyway, i met a mate of mine who i hadn't seen for about 5 years the other day, we were talking and he said as he didnt have my number anymore, he found someone at his work to skim his living room....

The bloke works at his factory and has been on one of them "plastering courses". He works every weekend now doing jobs for people he knows and charges...ready.....£80 a room. £40 a day.

So it may be brilliant quality, or crap, or just ok, but what on earth are we meant to do? Im not saying we should all get £250 a day for it, but £80 to skim a living room? I think I will open a plastering school instead, anyone fancy coming in with me?

brad

Sponsored Links
Far too many "spreads" around these days but still there are plenty of jobs out there for traditional plasterers.

Not into these courses to be honest, killing the trades.

it'll come down to less than that in time. You are up against migrants happy with £40 per day - any day. They are then 'self employed' and can claim all the benefits that a Brit can claim. It's not about the money he earns - but what he can get legally out of the system.

Never heard of anything like that up my way, it's always you English that complain about no money in the trade or coursers taking your work. I've heard people asking what other firms are charging then undercutting by £50 or so but nothing like you are saying. I'd be looking for at least 500 for a living room + ceiling

Sponsored Links
You could get it plastered, decorated and a new carpet for that down here. :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back