What colour door is this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Below is a picture of an internal door in my house - I need one just like it. I can find the same looking door but struggling to find the same colour.

CurrentDoor.jpg

Today I bought a door from Wickes named "Oak Belize Door". It is a lighter shade but I wasn't sure if it was just my eyes playing tricks so I bought it just to check. Picture below:

Comparison.jpg

Can you tell me, what colour door do I have currently and any idea where to find it? Part of the issue is I am not even sure what the door is called, e.g. has this style got a special name? Struggling and I need it for next week ideally.

Thanks everyone

Sponsored Links
It will go the colour of the one behind, when you oil/varnish it. Sunlight too will darken it up over time.

It will go the colour of the one behind, when you oil/varnish it. Sunlight too will darken it up over time.

Thanks I didn't realise I had to treat it. There's about 20 doors in the house like this so just assumed they were bought off the shelf

Can you tell me what oil to use?

I know I can just rub this on with a cloth so hopefully it's not too difficult as I'm rubbish with this type of thing!

Sponsored Links
Danish oil will work, but it stinks, lots like varnish, I just used OSMO hard wax oil and it didn't lift the veneer on any of the doors I coated.

If you are playing safe, varnish is probably best bet.

Good luck, you will be busy:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back