What do you imagine the world will be like in 100 years?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, I was having a think about what the world could turn out to be like in about 100 years time.

The possibilities:

- Cows and other animals free-roam the land and anyone who dares to mention eating meat is instantly imprisoned.
Everyone has become a vegetarian. Just look how much veggie stuff is in the shops now!

- People work long hours and want instant vacations.
VR headsets and interactive pods will transport them to virtual holiday destinations to ease stress.

- More people will not be able to afford homes and will get sucked in to a world of renting and there will be a greater divide in the rich and poor.
There will be lots more mini houses, where people will just sleep and go to work.

- Wars will no longer be fought with human soldiers but with robots.

- Roads will no longer exist.
Automatic Flying cars will transport people on highways in the sky to where they need to go. You simply input the address and relax.

- Humans will have evolved into different ""breeds". Just as some people are male, female, or other. There will be people who may identify as cats, dogs, etc as they have had surgery to become part animal.

- People will have several wives or husbands.

- World leaders will live on the moon and control the earth from above.

What do you think will happen?

Sponsored Links
We'll be hunting with sharp sticks & gathering seasonal berries & fruit, telling our children around the campfire about the loud bang our fathers told us of !

Sponsored Links
Probably fairly pessimistic and miserable, but...

- Social media, personal devices, remote working, automated checkouts, etc. will all have raised new generations of people who struggle to interact with each other outside of their own groups. Society will be very 'disconnected' as people focus on the work contained on their devices and online accounts.

- Day-to-day life will be monitored and controlled to an uncomfortable level, with everything registered and recorded.

- Drug use, particularly cocaine, will become more casual and open, making nighttime entertainment in cities dangerous. Going out to 'have a few drinks' will be seen as boring and new generations will look for the next level buzz. We're already seeing it now.

- Violent crime will continue to increase, further creating an insular society

- Further eroding of the 'traditional structure' of marriage and family

I really hope I'm wrong, but having become a Dad and being very aware of the changes to social behavior in modern Britain, it's led me to form the predictions above.

Last edited:
People will prefer to live in a virtual world than the real world where their problems are.

Moon and/or Mars might have a small population on them and I don't doubt for a second the same sh1t will be going on, 'this is our bit' ... 'we claim that bit' ... 'get off our bit or we'll blow you up' ... 'we're going to war with you to claim your bit as our bit'

Same sh1t, different planets.

People will prefer to live in a virtual world than the real world where their problems are.
Every science fiction show I ever watched says that humans will simply import their problems into the virtual world

Funny thing about science fiction is it seems to have a habit of coming true

It will be largely the same, most of out technological advancements have happened in the last 25 years especially the 1990's. There will be less manual labour jobs and more jobs revolving around leisure or entertainment. People will work less hours and there will be less illness or disease. This assumes no apocalyptical events though....
piccadily circus2.JPG
piccadily circus.JPG

The lunatics will have taken over completely ( transgender mob)

Europe will
Descend into
Chaos
war , civil unrest , revolution

History will have judged that brexiteers had fore sight and will be hailed as heroes

Monuments will be built to celebrate them

Transam will be hailed as a hero :cool:

Cows won’t exist if people don’t eat them or drink their milk

Cancer cured

Spare body parts grown to order

Probable that cell ageing can be slowed significantly to get to life of around 250 years

We will all be dead.

Man on mars and moon

Or a big rock hits us and our atmosphere turns to fire

Sponsored Links
Back