what does the radiator control dial control

rjl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,i have recently fitted a siemens wireless programable thermostat to a baxi 105 he combi boiler.prior to fitting the thermo we had no timer,no thermo we just controlled the heat from the boiler.
what i would like to know is what does the control knob on the boiler for the radiators do....if this is stll controlling anything what is its function and where does it need to be set...minimum/half way or full up?

Sponsored Links
The radiator knob on the boiler controls the temperature of the rads.

You may want to get a reliable pro to look at your system. At best, it has been poorly installed, possibly really badly/illegally.

You may want to get a reliable pro to look at your system. At best, it has been poorly installed, possibly really badly/illegally.
bolier was fitted by gas safe engineer.but we didnt want a timer/external thermo at time of fitting. i have installed thermo as per instructions and as per expert who has gone through install with me.everything works, i just purely want to know what the radiator control knob on boiler does and where to set it.thanks

bolier was fitted by gas safe engineer.but we didnt want a timer/external thermo at time of fitting.

It is simply illegal to install a boiler without timer or roomstat, no matter what the customer wants. If the chap did that, it shows he was clearly more interested in a profit than in doing a proper job.
I have seen many installs done by "registered" engineers that were not only bad and illegal, but very dangerous as well.

Sponsored Links

bolier was fitted by gas safe engineer.but we didnt want a timer/external thermo at time of fitting.

It is simply illegal to install a boiler without timer or roomstat, no matter what the customer wants. If the chap did that, it shows he was clearly more interested in a profit than in doing a proper job.
I have seen many installs done by "registered" engineers that were not only bad and illegal, but very dangerous as well.
thanks for that but all i want to know is what i asked in my original question"what and how to set the radiator knob on the boiler itself" if i were to put it full up does this mean i use more gas.....etc.

if i turn the radiator control knob up to max on the boiler obviously that means the radiators will be hot.so does this mean that i am using more gas.....if i turn boiler rad dial down to min and set external stat to 30 degrees i pressume the rads wont get hot.so do you leave rad control on boiler to max and the external thermo will control to what ever temp it is set at.in this case are you using more gas or exactly the same....
can anyone give me the answer please.thanks

As for the most economical setting, provided your system has been designed and install correctly, anything below 80% of maximum would be fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back