What floor tiles to avoid

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a large ground floor area to tile as well as 5 bathrooms, most of which will be wet rooms.

Could I please have some advice and suggestions as to what tiles I should avoid using on the ground floor hall way and living/kitchen areas? We plan to have wet underfloor heating installed on all floors but the ground floor will be screeded.

I am more concerned about elderly people slipping over but also dirt build up/scuff marks. I appreciate you cannot have the best of both worlds, but just looking for some food for thought.

I was planning to go for porcelain tiles, matt finish (though would have preferred polished for the ground floor but concerned about parents slipping if we dont wear shoes etc in the house).

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi
I would suggest that you visit a couple of local tile merchants and talk to them about the different options that may be available to you for the different rooms you have. Having some idea on colours and finishes you want and also sharing any concerns you have ( like slipping) will help them to make suggestions that suit your needs.
It may be worth calling first to get someone to put some time aside for your visit as you don't want to rush into any decision.
Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back