What is the small tank in the loft - is it for the boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum but have been lurking for a while. We are looking to buy a house that we need to modernise. It has a Sanitae Megaflo water tank and no tanks in the loft so I assume those are pressurised (unvented)?

There is a Worcester Bosch boiler but I don't see any pressure tanks and I see a small tank up in the loft. Does that mean the boiler is likely "vented" and if so how easy would it be to make it unvented so we could remove the tank and pipes from the loft?

Thanks and regards,

David

Sponsored Links
I am confused as I can see the old water tanks have been disconnected and left in the loft and there is a megaflow (which I assume to be unvented) yet there looks to be a small header tank up in the loft. It looks way too small to be a replacement for the old water tanks which are huge.

Sponsored Links
I think most recent w/bosch boilers can be sealed but you need the model to be sure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back