What is this vent??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My old nan lives in a housing association bungalow and they're going round updating the bathrooms and kitchens. They've installed this vent in the hallway - just wondered what it's for as I've never seen one like it.

It's pictured next to a smoke alarm to give you idea of the size (quite large!) It's located in the hallway next to the bathroom. I pulled the cover off and the vent hose doesn't seem to point towards the bathroom - I thought it may vent the bathroom air into the hall but surely that wouldn't be a good idea. There's no vent in the bathroom ceiling anyway, unless they haven't finished the job yet. There's some wires up the vent hole and it was making a light clicking noise, so I'm baffled.

There's now cold air from the loft space presumably, making the hallway a bit cold and draughty!

Sponsored Links
My old nan lives in a housing association bungalow , so I'm baffled.

There's now cold air making the hallway a bit cold and draughty!
]
You`re baffled - the vent isn`t - lets the cold air in :idea: Just ask the H.A. Maintenance Team they are founts of knowlege :LOL: They must be since they were privatised way back ;)

Thanks for that but what's the point of it? Since when should you have a vent from your living space into the loft?? Every other piece of advice I read states to seal up ceilings and hatches as tightly as possible to prevent moist air getting up there?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back