What kind of insulation is this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a guy selling foiled insulation board 80mm. I cant seem to find what it is to make sure it has the same U value as kingspan.
The foil is plane with reinforced thin thread through it and the foam centre is pink coloured. There is no product markings but he tells me its sheffield insulation but I cant find it. Anyone got any ideas.

Sponsored Links
Sheffield Insulation are a supplier and supply several makes, Kingspan is pink but has 'Kingspan' plastered all over the foil though so unless the sample is tiny it should be there. Why don't you just ask him? They're all much the same anyway to be honest.

Thanks for the reply. I did ask him and he just said it was Sheffield insulations own make bit odd as they do seem to be a supplier.

I work with BC often due to the nature of my work as a construction civil engineer. If you are going to use a different material as specified you have to prove if its the same spec or better. Ie its U value needs to equal or better that of 80mm kingspan. even if I wanted to use a poorer u value material it would be obvious to BC that this wasnt KS or Celo it has NO MARKINGS!

It does on the other hand seem to be a more sturdy foil due to the thread through it. Thermo flect roof board looked the closest I could find but still doesnt look like it could be it.

If I get asked I will need to give some proof of its ability. Its 20 quid a sheet so would be a good saving, so worth the hassle. :D

Thanks for the reply. I did ask him and he just said it was Sheffield insulations own make bit odd as they do seem to be a supplier.

I work with BC often due to the nature of my work as a construction civil engineer. If you are going to use a different material as specified you have to prove if its the same spec or better. Ie its U value needs to equal or better that of 80mm kingspan. even if I wanted to use a poorer u value material it would be obvious to BC that this wasnt KS or Celo it has NO MARKINGS!

It does on the other hand seem to be a more sturdy foil due to the thread through it. Thermo flect roof board looked the closest I could find but still doesnt look like it could be it.

If I get asked I will need to give some proof of its ability. Its 20 quid a sheet so would be a good saving, so worth the hassle. :D

I had some that matches that description from a seconds supply company. There was some kingspan and some of the pink stuff all mixed up. The building control guy did not comment, so he must have seen it before. If its the correct thickness and has shiny foil, it will do ! The U values for all this stuff is very simlar.

Simon.

Sponsored Links
Ta for the reply. Guess I will go with this and pick up the rest.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back