What mortar is this please??

Perfect... I might do the inside sooner then and it won’t delay decorating inside too much. Do you know of a recommended breathable paint at all or is lime washing the brickwork outside the way to go?

Sponsored Links
A lot of masonry paints are now claiming to be breathable, but I think a lime based one would be my choice.

Thanks Stuart. I’ve had a quick look briefly and it looks like it’s more an order in kind of think than pop down to brewers..

To be honest personally i wouldn't worry too much about cold, just worry about frost. Ice will really ruin cement mixes! However I'm definitely not super experienced
when did the drive edge bedding in the blocks on the ground, i covered it up with wet sheets and plastic for a week and it was fine (it was winter so i only had light on the weekend)

Sponsored Links
Oh ok... well.. I may get some lime to brick in my WC pipe and maybe re point the inside wall and see how the weathers going when it comes to repointing.. thanks everyone..!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back