What paint for soffits and fascias

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to paint my soffits and fascia. The paint has chipped and is pealing in places. It's a long overdue project.
Bedec barn paint has been recommended but is very pricey - would people agree that this is the best paint to use?

Sponsored Links
Thanjs for the reply.
Just checking you mean the bedec paint? Or another brand?

Sandtex is the only one doing a claimed 10 year paint. The International brand used to do it and it was good stuff but they got taken over by dulux. Dulux only does an 8 year paint.

Sponsored Links
I've used Sandtex 10 year exterior satin ("advanced technology" whatever that means) on an oak front door, it went on well over a zinsser cover stain primer.

Blup

Yes, Bedec Barn paint, all day long! Yes, it's pricey, but do your prep and apply in dry weather and it's a proper job. I've used anthracite grey, applied with a radiator gloss roller, two good coats.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back