What should a boiler service involve?

Apart from cleaning the H/X what else is there to do, apart from the above?

The most important is setting the max/min gas pressures.

Amazingly only about 25% of gas people seem to know how to set those. I had a call from someone today who was asking as the BP was high.

Yesterday I went to a problem with the burner cutting out on DHW and the min was 4.5 instead of 1.5 !

Tony

Sponsored Links
Inspect/clean flue, fan, venturi, burner, check/set max pressure, ignition pressure, minimum pressure, check/add inhibitor, clean combustion chamber, inspect/replace seals.

Thats a Overhaul not a service.. :D

Amazingly only about 25% of gas people seem to know how to set those. I had a call from someone today who was asking as the BP was high.

Astounding Statistic that one, Is there any research on it.

Astounding Statistic that one, Is there any research on it.
Judging by what I find, I don't think Tony is that far off.

Sponsored Links
Do you need an electronic device to tell you the state of your bowel :?: You Gas Fitters are techno freaks ;) I am in touch with my body/mind/spirit.

Do you need an electronic device to tell you the state of your bowel :?: You Gas Fitters are techno freaks ;) I am in touch with my body/mind/spirit.
I see the fga as a necessary evil, if you can tell me how I can check the 30 cdi I am installing without one, I would me most grateful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back