What size element could I use ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a wall mounted ladder towel rail. According to the instructions I need to buy a 150w heater element - there are loads on e bay - but I see there are also many others compatable in fitment of a higher wattage. Question is it poss to use say a 250 w or a 400w to this towel rail. The size is circa 97cm x 45cm

The towel rail is to be used solely as electric and not dual fuel

Sponsored Links
if it says 150, then that's what you chould fit..
fitting higher may result in damage to the radiator or even bodily danger when you boil the relatively small amount of water and it explodes from the steam pressure.. ( ok slight exageration.. )

if it says 150, then that's what you chould fit..
fitting higher may result in damage to the radiator or even bodily danger when you boil the relatively small amount of water and it explodes from the steam pressure.. ( ok slight exageration.. )

I'd be very surprised if there weren't some sort of thermostat contained within the electric element. However, I do agree that the OP should fit the size recommended by the manufacturer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back