What Size Tile Spacers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Just wondered what size tile spaces you would recommend for wall tiles that have dimensions 33cm x 60cm? I was thinking 3mm or would you go bigger?

Thanks in advance

DAVAS

Sponsored Links
I just hope that your walls are dead flat for tiles that size. If not, you're gonna have a nightmare putting them up.

Sponsored Links
The walls have just been plasterboarded so they are mostly dead flat apart from at the joins but thankfully there aren't too many of them.

Any advice on how to handle/lay these "big 'uns"? :)

Not really. The principles are the same as tiling with smaller tiles, but the difficulty isn't. I'd offer up a tile to the wall in various places and see if it sits flat. If it wobbles then you could struggle. If the boards are at different levels then I'd advise you to get them flat before you start.
I refused a tiling job a few months back because the plasterboard the bloke had put up was all over the place. He had the same size tiles that you have.

My boarding was done by a pro as part of a larger plastering job so pretty good joins as i said.

Thanks for your advice on this gcol.

Hello davas :)
IMHO I would go small the grout space with them "Huge" tiles , maybe 1or2 mm Peg Spacers !!
2 mm Cross Spacers IMO ;)

too lay small tiles its a case of checking regular with spirit levels ...:)

an keep an even level thinset going on .... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back