What to do with cracked and peeling ceiling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have replastered the walls in my house and painting them.

The ceiling, removed the paper, there aren't any large cracks, but bits where the 'skim' has come off in small patches (half mill thick the indentation).
There is also paint peeling..
I can sand it down, but was thinking of covering with thick paper and painting it.

will it be obvious, the difference between painted plaster walls and painted paper ceiling?

Sponsored Links
compact said:
will it be obvious, the difference between painted plaster walls and painted paper ceiling?

Possibly, but they're different surfaces so even if it is obvious, it shouldn't look daft. Kinda like Artex / Textured ceiling and smooth walls. The ceiling is a differed surface within the room so it oesn't look odd. Now if you had half the wall papered and half the wall fresh plaster then that would look obvious and odd.

How come you never got the ceiling skimmed?

regards

fred

cheers

we were rushed for time.

we can still get it done, just a pain especially working over the stairwell, removing the old paper etc..

the house is to sell in a year or two, not live in...

I want it to look good, but I am getting a bit tired of this constant DIY :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back