What to do with DPC under patio doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We have had some bi-fold patio doors fitted and there is a DPC underneath them. See photo below.

Now that DPC sits exactly under the door frame on top of the bricks and is about 300mm above ground level (there is a deck outside). And there is the original DPC a little bit below that new DPC for the original wall.

Inside you can see that that DPC is actually above the screed level and we're about to put down insulation boards and limestone tiles to bring it up above that DPC level and level with the door frame.

My question is, should I just push that new DPC under the doors as flat as possible across the screed and under the insulation boards? Or should we be trying to fold it up a bit vertically up the door frame and inbetween where we lay the insulation boards and the tiles?

Thanks in advance!

Tim

Sponsored Links
It shouldn't make much difference on the inside but I would say fold it up to separate the frame from any condensation that may form under the insulation

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back