What to do with earth

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just replacing my bathroom ceiling light

Previously the casing was plastic and there was only L and N connections, the earth wire was folded back on itself in earth sheath and shoved in the ceiling void with the cables

My new light fitting has a metallic casing and plate, therefore I need an earth connection .
As I unbent the earth wire, it snapped on me.

The issue I have is that there is not enough cable to pull through from the ceiling, so It’s not long enough to expose the earth and connect it at the terminal

How do I go about getting an earth connected to this fitting?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is there enough to fit into a wago or insulated terminal block ,and extend from there a suitable piece of wire ?

So simply get a piece of wire, one end connected to earth terminal in light fitting and one end into a terminal block? If so then yes there is space

There was actually a small single terminal block included in the packaging with the light fitting which may be for this purpose?

What wire would I need? What type? Cheers

Sponsored Links
Yes ,is there enough earth conductor in the supply cable to fit into a wago / connector block ,into which you add another piece of the same size that goes to the fitting
Bare conductor should be sleeved in green/ yellow .
You need to find a piece of cable !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back