What to use over DPC injection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Ive been in my house now for about 4 months. There was a bit of damp in the house so rather than rushing in and spending money I decided to wait to see if most of it cleared.

It did, as the house was sitting unnoccupied for a while.

There are still 2 damp patched low down on a party wall which are very wet to touch. I took off the skirting and noticed there was a previous DPC injected and some membrane lipping up from under the quarry tile floor. The mebrane was about the same height of the drill holes, So I trimmed this off to reduce the height.

Ive now hacked off the plaster well above the highest damp point and will leave for a few weeks. I drilled out the old DPC holes and injected some more as I had some spare.

Ive checked next door and they had DPC injected at same time a few years ago. the plaster was obviously not replaced.

How long should I wait before rendering over and what should I render over with. I only want to bring the walls level as they need a complete re-skim anyway.

Thanks
jack

Sponsored Links
No need to wait. Use sand/cement/waterproofer. mix ratio is on the bag.

If they had theres injected it shoud have sufficed to cover your side. You shoud have still gone 1200 high.
Just render it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back