re plaster after damp proof treatment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am about to start injecting a damp proof course and wondered as none of my plaster actually looks to be affected by damp. Can i get away with not taking all the old plaster off and then re plastering?

it has all been surveyed and 1 outside wall the previous owners had rendered and gone over the DPC I have been advised to remove a channel of the render and then inject the new chemical DPC. In the kitchen the walls are all behind units so could i get a way with this ?

Just some advice please.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have been advised to remove a channel of the render and then inject the new chemical DPC.

Just some advice please.

Thanks
who gave you that advice? you have no obvious damp but have been advised to do a damp course? i would consider taking off the render underneath the dpm on the outside but if i had no damp on the inside i certainly wouldn't do a damp proof injection

Thanks Steve,
This was a surveyor, you do wonder if they just say these things to get work. He did check the walls with a meter and showed me it went straight into the red but as said I have no signs of damp at all. Only one wall is rendered he mentioned another wall in the house but again I see no signs.

Thanks Steve,
This was a surveyor, you do wonder if they just say these things to get work. He did check the walls with a meter and showed me it went straight into the red but as said I have no signs of damp at all. Only one wall is rendered he mentioned another wall in the house but again I see no signs.
ive had surveyors round my house get things wrong, but i can only say if it was me i would just take the render off below the dpc or see if i could cut a line in the render along the dpc so the water dont soak up past that point , i would only consider the damproof injections if i had damp in the interier walls

Sponsored Links
Thanks Steve,
It will not hurt to try your idea as I was going to take off the render that seems to bridge the DPC. If it shows signs I can always inject later on.

Cliff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back