What type of oil tank do I need

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have purchased a new Worcester Greenstar Heatslave Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 18/25. I now want to purchase a ES1225 Titan tank ready for a plumber to fit. What is the difference between a top outlet tank and a bottom outlet tank? Which tank do I need for the above boiler and are there any good internet companies to purchase it from. Thanks for any help given.

Sponsored Links
top outlet tanks do not drag sludge from bottom of tank

bottom outlet tanks generally cheaper and widely available

Top outlets can give problems. Plastic tanks can also give problems. You may appear get a 10 year guarantee, but some of those are 100% for the first year, 90% for the second year, and so on, so by the time you get to the 8th uear you will get 30% o the cost if it fails. A steel tank can be made to any size you choose, and if painted properly before installation then maintained, can be expected to last 40 years. Steel tanks give plenty of warning of potential problems with leaks and are generally cheaper.

With reference to my earlier post, I take it with the worcester combi oil boiler I could use a bottom or top outlet tank. Is there any other bits I need to purchase for the plumber to fix up the tank apart from the pipe, tank and boiler?

Sponsored Links
im sure your plumber whos OFTEC, will sort out what parts are needed.e.g tiger loop, etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back