What type of paint to use?

23 Nov 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom

I need to paint the bathroom ceiling and the lightweight coving I put up. What type of paint do I need to use on the bathroom ceiling that can also go on the coving. Its not the polyester coving but the paper/card coated coving.

Sponsored Links
Emulsion is fine.

Personally I run a line of decorators Caulk along the wall/cove ceiling/cove joins. Dilute your first coat by about 10% so it soaks well into the paper covering, then whatever you want to finish off with.

I don't want to get too involved with the "Kitchen & Bathroom" paint discussion - sufficient to say they are expensive and difficult to get a decent finish. Provided you have good ventilation vinyl matt is fine, vinyl silk will give better waterproofing if you don't mind the shine (and it shows up any irregularities underneath).
Thank you! Also I have lined the walls with 1000 grade paper, can I paint straight over it or do I have to undercoat it first? Can I still use Vinyl paint for the walls even though I have lined?


DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links