What type of screw/bolt is this?

That is a hex head button screw.
You need to measure the length, (from underneath the head to the bottom), and also measure the diameter across the bottom.
Assuming your hand is an average size, I would say that is 6mm diameter by 30-35mm long.
You then just need to look for them in Screwfix or Amazon. Though you won't get a single one. Usually packs of 5, 10 or many more.

Sponsored Links
This is the top

Attachments

• 20230810_231639.jpg
    20230810_231639.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 39
That is a hex head button screw.
You need to measure the length, (from underneath the head to the bottom), and also measure the diameter across the bottom.
Assuming your hand is an average size, I would say that is 6mm diameter by 30-35mm long.
You then just need to look for them in Screwfix or Amazon. Though you won't get a single one. Usually packs of 5, 10 or many more.

I could have sworn that was mentioned earlier.

Sponsored Links
I think it is a hex-socket button headed screw

So, my belief is, judging dimensions compared to my fingers..

It is an M6x20mm (possibly 25mm), hex socket, button head screw, with serrations.

Yep, I think you may be correct in that assumption, and chrome vanadium.
Surely zinc plated? ...more probably stainless :unsure:

...and still not three pages! :)

Last edited:
So, my belief is, judging dimensions compared to my fingers..

It is an M6x20mm (possibly 25mm), hex socket, button head screw, with serrated flange.

Surely zinc plated? ...more probably stainless :unsure:

...and still not three pages! :)

Why would it need to be stainless?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back