What's best to bed upvc frame on?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fitting a msall upvc window on a reconsituted sandstone cill, there will be no pvc cill either external or internal.

My question is what is the best method and product for bedding the window on? I saw some fitters recently using a putty type substance they rolled in their hand into a sausage placed it on the cill and then bedded the frame on that? Or will frame sealant do fine?

Sponsored Links
I would put a thick bead of silicone on the sandstone and then sit the frame on top, then seal the front with silicone also, use some masking tape on both surfaces if your a bit iffy with sealing up then run your finger over it and peel the tape off, hey presto a nice tidy seal ;)

Thaaks for the reply, I'll definately be sealing with silicone but liked the look of that putty/mastic stuff as it had a good body to it rather than a bead of silicone just squeezing out.

Any other ideas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back