Where can I get wooden window molding? Or how can I repair?

ODB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a small window pane (about 16cm across) in my original Edwardian front door and the molding's a bit of a state.

Anyone know anywhere that has a range of wooden window moldings so I can try to get a decent match?

If not can anyone give any tips on how best to repair it? It'll be painted afterwards and would like to make it look as close to original as possible. It's not a problem taking out the window, I'm replacing the glass.

Any tips greatly appreciated!

Pic below

img0192hg.jpg

Sponsored Links
i think thats an ovolo molding,alsfords timber used to do it off the shelf,but i do belive its getting hard to find now from merchants,and the cutter for the router aint cheap either i had 1 bought for me and it cost an arm and a foot.

2 pieces - 1 qadrant +1 strip ( parting bead) :idea: Alsford :rolleyes: A certain one in the South East has a job cutting planks right :evil:

Sponsored Links
Thanks gents.

Checking the frame the construction means that I'm going to have to build it all up with filler.

Bah!

Nige has given you a good tip. Why not do it his way?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back