Where to find twin 15mm brass tap connectors, & 32mm hol

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Putting a feed in for a new shower, I have hot and cold 15mm coming up the wall. The shower unit then demands FOUR connections, each is a 15mm flexi hose with screw on connector. Two for the bath two for the shower, designed so you can pull the unit out still connected.

Problem is all I can find is plastic washing maching Y connectors to go on this:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/46132...x;jsessionid=VWFRNLGMMCFOICSTHZOSFFI?ts=07544

Isn't there some sort of proper, solid brass thing I can solder on to 15mm and screw into the wall with two male 15mm threads ready for the flexi pipes? One each on the hot and cold and I have my 4 connections...

Also searched screwfix but I can't find anything to punch a neat 32mm hole through the cavity wall for the new shower drain, anyone know what I should ask for/try to hire and where to get it from? I have an SDS if that's any help, I'd have thought there is some diamond core drill, or am I back to chopping out brick and cementing up? It's right over a brick door arch so I'd rather cut a neat hole.

Pointers appreciated, Greg.

Sponsored Links
Unbranded chinese 9012 1500mm sauna/steam/shower room.

Has two sets of flexi braided 15mm tap style pipes to connect, long ones with female 'nuts' on the end to screw onto the water supply. 4 pipes total.

Greg.

Greg,

Make and model of shower would be a good help.

Rico

Could use brass tees and space nipples to make up a manifold. :idea:

Sponsored Links
would I really have to go to space? And shouldn't I leave the manifold on my car?

Seriously - do I have to mangle something up can't one just buy a twin outlet that I can put onto 15mm pipe by solder or compression?

Can never find what I want... mutter... less joints less chance of leaks... mutter..

Could use brass tees and space nipples to make up a manifold. :idea:

Um... british taps have the same connectors, what if I wanted to fit two sets of taps nearby???? These connectors are exactly the same as any other, not quite sure how it's origin will make any difference.

But... I do prefer british, when there is the option eg when I can find the same type of thing and I can physicall afford to buy it. This one cost me £600 which was the top end of my budget, I can live with some struggles for that as I simply don't have the 4k+ I found for the same spec home grown unit, that was 3 times the entire bathroom budget and I have replaced the floor joists, floor, plumbing and rads as well so far.... not to mention a new suite of course...

erks me though, wish I could afford or find decent home grown ones.

Anyhow - just pretend I want to fit two sets of british flexi tap connectors.

Greg.

buy british then you don't get that trouble.

A picture of what you're trying to connect to would be good. I would suspect that you should have run four supply pipes up your wall instead of two - did you check the manufacturers instructions or look at the unit before you piped it?

As for drilling your hole, I yes you can get a diamond core bit the right size for the job. 32mm sounds small for a shower though, that's 1 1/4" metric, showers should be 1 1/2"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back