where to start ,tiling..

ajl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i am about to tile my new bathroom. i have put a level line around the wall, about where i want to finish. i also have to go up the whole wall height where the shower will be. do i put the top tiles first and work my way down, cutting the last at the floor as req??? i have three fixed level areas. 1 the bath top edge.2 the top of the shower tray. 3 the top edge of the sink. starting at the bottom will involve juggling to get the finish top level correct all around. starting at the top means just cutting the last ones to get in at the top of shower ,top of bath and sink. what is situation normal, any advise welcome...

Sponsored Links
Start at the bottom with a batten fixed to the wall, you have work out what cuts you will need on top, bottom & sides including the top of the bath rim & shower tray.
Not always easy though, I normally try and start a full tile on the bath rim and work downward to see what cuts I will have at the bottom etc. Leave the tiles resting on the batten at least 24hr before removing the batten then put in the off-cut tiles to finish off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back