Where's you're stop cock miss??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
this is funny to me now but I'm still winding my self up.

had a nice easy job today after about a month of madness with installs etc...

all the job was...

Hang a rad in bath room
Fit new taps to basin, bath
Fit new waste to bath and basin
Fit new handle to toilet

rad goes in fine, wastes go in fine, toilet handle goes in fine.. you get the picture by now... everything was fine

come to turn the water off to change taps as the Muppet that installed the bathroom about a year ago didn't know was an ISO valve was for.. bet he thought it was something you smoked

so anyway ... ask the nice lady where the stop cock was.. and said it's under the sink..
went to the sink and OMFG I've never seen so many push fit elbows and compression Iso's in my life... looked at where the stop cock ran.. and low and behold it only shuts off the sink, washer and outside tap....

looked up and to my amazement there was another stop valve coming out of the wall about 8ft from the floor.. i looked at that i knew this was not going to be my day.... so tried to shut that off.... .... ...... tries taps still running, checks upstairs.... still running..... so i asked the lady do you know if you have a cold water storage tank in the loft... she said yes i think so.. goes to hot water tank and i can only see the feed for the F + E tank........ goes and check in the loft against my better judgement... her loft hatch was in her little storage cupboard. as i started to take the boxes out i found all types of whips, chains, dildos and go knows what.. i **** my self as i turned round and found out she was behind me.... she laughed and said don't worry i had my fun last week....
anyway looks up and the loft hatch is just about big enough to fit a cat through.... looked in the van forgot my torch.. asked her for one ( a torch that is) and it had run out of power.... i got into the loft using the light from the screen on my mobile phone and made my way down the loft to find just an F + E Tank .

goes back down and dusted my self off.....

goes to check outside for a stop valve... where there should be one she has had a drive put in

left the job but still got paid.... but i hate things i can't work out...... so my question after that long story is this......

HOW THE HELL DO YOU TURN THE WATER OFF?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Cheers guys

Chris

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back