Which 7m scaffolding tower - Monster or BPS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have narrowed it down to the following 2 towers:

The monster one seems rock solid, weights in at 250kg!

http://www.monsterracking.co.uk/7_5m_scaffold_tower.html

The BPS is aluminium, so much lighter and most probably easier to construct.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7m-DIY-Al...3439?pt=UK_H_G_Ladders_RL&hash=item485de153bf

Anyone have any experience with either of these towers?

I will be using it on an occasional basis. First job is guttering, facia's at my house. Then transport to uncles house to do some painting and facia's .

Any advise will be greatly appreciated - thanks.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Thanks mate,

The boss one for £700 is too far for me to collect. Do you know how much it weighs?

I'm looking for an occasional use tower. I need to be able to easy move it between locations in a mini van...

Ive got an old Youngman-SGB system whch is very similar as the Boss tower, excellant aluminium tower, got mine second hand about 15 years ago, used daily and still going strong now. Can't recommend those towers enough, best purchase I ever made in my life, it hs paid for itself and some! If you buy them second hand they will hold their value for years, so easy to sell on Ebay as everyone wants them.

I wouldn't touch anything else, I bought an Alto tower few years back but quickly sold it on, nowhere near as good as the Youngman/sbg/boss systems. The one mentioned by MWRoofline is also 2.5 metres long, which is the same as one I have, even better as most towers are only 1.8m.

I wouldn't choose either of the two you listed, both look flimsy and doubt they will sell easy second hand.

Up to you though! I would buy the Boss and sell it on after i'm finished with it, doubt you will lose a penny.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back