Which Bathroom Floor Grout...?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've put down some black marble tiles (with white streaks) in my bathroom using unibond "Tile On Wooden Floors" adhesive, since the room has a wooden floor. The stuff is great, no cracks on the somewhat fragile marble tiles have developed so far, touch wood (erm..).

However, I am after some grout to finish the job off nicely. At the moment the only stuff I've come across that is black and will give the kind of finish I need is the unibond "Tile On Walls" colour grout in midnight black. Its waterproof and the exact colour I want to complete it, and being non-cement based, looks like it'll produce the kind of smooth caulky finish I'd like too and be flexible enough to put down on a wooden floor. BUT, it does say on the back of the box that its not for floors. I was just wondering if someone knew of anything better for the job or whether this would be good enough for the type of floor I've laid? The tiles are stuck fast at the moment, they don't budge a mm, so the grout is only going to finish it off nicely.

Thanks,
Alan.

Sponsored Links
I can't recommend any grout, but I'm just curious - did you lay an extra layer of ply onto the floorboards before tiling? Please say yes.

BAL Produce a jet black floor gorut, and so do Mapei. Find a stockist of either product.

As the previous post says, did you reinforce the floor?

Have you also sealed the marble yet?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back