which boiler system do i go for??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i live in a 3 bed semi which has an old baxi back boiler, which i am looking to replace, i will be eventually having an extension and a second bathroom so 2 baths 2 showers, i really want to have good powerful showers should i go for a combi system or a condensing boiler or a combi condesing boiler? i have a young family and hot water is in constant use .please help?

Sponsored Links
If you want to fill two baths at the same time then you dont want a combi!

You also need a larger cylinder than the minimum.

All boilers have to be condensing now!

But your CORGI registered installer shouls be able to give you all the advice you need. Ignore any who think a combi will fill tweo baths at the same time!

On the other hand perhaps you could live with a combi boiler which only supplies one hot outlet at a time.

Tony

Note that is ONE HOT OUTLET!!, not a bath, a shower and a kitchen tap.

But your CORGI registered installer shouls be able to give you all the advice you need. Ignore any who think a combi will fill tweo baths at the same time!

You mean Bigburner

On the other hand perhaps you could live with a combi boiler which only supplies one hot outlet at a time.

Tony

Sponsored Links

You mean Bigburner

Tony

And your point is???

Well I meant that Bigburner will be here to tell you about those high performance combis!

This service man continually gives misinformation. He has been continually told that high flow combis are around that will supply two bathrooms.

Take no notice. But the usual promoting of a self interest group on a DIY forum......

But your CORGI registered installer shouls be able to give you all the advice you need.

Look at the high flow rate Ethos 54C combi. It will supply what you need. http://www.ethosboilers.co.uk/products_54c.php
The Worcester Bosch 550 floor mounted unit will be good too - floor mounted (washing machine sized).

To be released imminently:
http://www.rinnaiuk.com/Updates-18-09-08/A4 Twin Flow.pdf
A high quality high flow setup. Worth seeing when available.

Don't go with cylinders/tanks/power shower pumps. The above will all do two bathrooms as long as your cold water mains is good enough. To be realistic, it will be a very rare event that two bathrooms will be filled at once. There are many more two bathroom models about.

The Ethos can deliver 690 litres in 30 minutes. It will deliver that quantity of hot water indefinitely. A cylinder with 690 litres of water in it will be massive - and very expensive - and will run not out of hot water. Great for body jet showers.

one thing is for sure, you don't want anything that needs open tanks in the loft

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back