Which cable needed for Toothbrush charger & mirror demister -> 3 pin plugs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, thanks in advance for any help. I'm renovating a bathroom, and am integrating a ProofVision dual electric toothbrush charger into a cabinet.

So that I can have it only come on for a few hours each week, I want it wired to a 3 pin plug which I will then plug into a timer, then a socket in the loft. My question is... what thickness of cable would I need? I've just bought some 2.5mm squared but it's chunkier than I thought. Could I use 1.5mm squared?

Doing a similar thing with a mirror demister pad, but that will plug into a smart plug activated by a motion sensor. Would 1.5mm squared be okay for that?

Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
1mm² T&E (the smallest T&E) will be more than enough, although 0.75mm² flexible cable might be more suitable.

3A fuse in the plug.

Hi, thanks in advance for any help. I'm renovating a bathroom, and am integrating a ProofVision dual electric toothbrush charger into a cabinet.

So that I can have it only come on for a few hours each week, I want it wired to a 3 pin plug which
is generally NOT ALLOWED in a bathroom.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back