Which carpet cover strip do I need?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I just replaced the carpet in the back bedroom of my Victorian terraced house. Like most of these houses, at the top of the stairs there is a small landing with one more step up to this room. The old carpet covered this step and joined seemlessly to the landing carpet.

The guy that laid the carpet told me that it would normally have a cover strip under the door and wouldn't normally join to the landing carpet (plus the carpet wasn't big enough anyway!). I agree that this would look better but I'm unsure which cover strip I need to end the carpet without joining it to anything else.

I looked on eBay and I seem to have 4 choices, none of which match my requirements:

Carpet Double - Carpet To Carpet
Single Edge - Carpet To Vinyl
Cover Strip - Carpet To Carpet
Vinyl Cover Strip - Vinyl To Vinyl

Which of these do I need? Or a fifth type?

Sponsored Links
You need a "single"

this plate is commonly used either for carpet to vinyl or carpet to nothing

Edit - I dont think much of your carpet fitter for:-
1/ not advising you accordingly
2/ most importantly - not actually doing this for you!!!!

OK, thanks. I'll get on and order a single.

The carpet fitter was actually very good. The original company was coming on the Friday morning but called at 4pm to say he couldn't make it until at least the following Tuesday. I wanted to get the carpet off my landing so I called around all the carpet fitters in the Yellow Pages and this guy came around immediately at 4.30pm on a Friday and was done in under 45 minutes. He had the grippers I needed but not the cover strip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back