Which celotex boards for extension?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
I am changing my existing conservatory which has a polycarbonate roof to having a slate roof with velux windows with velux vrtical element in the walls. Looking at the celotex website there are so many products, I can't decide which one is best.
I'd like to slate the roof with Redland Cambrian low pitch slate or similar and insulate between and below the rafters and have a vaulted ceiling.
Is the FR5000 board the better performer, I'd like to keep the rafters as slim as possible as there is a constraint on the overall height. The span is 2200mm and I'm looking for a ventilated space 0f 50mm above the insulation.
Basically, what's going to please the BCO?
Many thanks,
James

Sponsored Links
Hello all,
I am changing my existing conservatory which has a polycarbonate roof to having a slate roof with velux windows with velux vrtical element in the walls. Looking at the celotex website there are so many products, I can't decide which one is best.
I'd like to slate the roof with Redland Cambrian low pitch slate or similar and insulate between and below the rafters and have a vaulted ceiling.
Is the FR5000 board the better performer, I'd like to keep the rafters as slim as possible as there is a constraint on the overall height. The span is 2200mm and I'm looking for a ventilated space 0f 50mm above the insulation.
Basically, what's going to please the BCO?
Many thanks,
James

There are, as you say, loads of variants with slightly different specifications. However, in my experience, if it has foil both sides and is the correct thickness, the BCO will be happy. The difference in thickness required would minimal.
Simon.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back