Which central heating system

Status
Not open for further replies.
unvented will give a more powerfull shower, its down to how good your incoming mains pressure is.

Take not notice of this. An unvented cylinder will NOT give a more powerful shower than a combi - both are mains pressure.

Sponsored Links
It's not the actual boiler i have issues with it's WB so called customer service and so called engineers i have issues with but thats another story.

the main reason why i stick with w-b is their unrivaled back up and customer service. there are other good makes out there, but no service comes anywhere close.

Sponsored Links
unvented will give a more powerfull shower, its down to how good your incoming mains pressure is.

Take not notice of this. An unvented cylinder will NOT give a more powerful shower than a combi - both are mains pressure.

Once again you show to have some book-knowledge but are not an installer.
unvented is piped up, or at least should be, in 22, combi in 15.
without the actual installer experience, you obviously never noticed the difference between the 2 sizes

Once again.....An unvented cylinder will NOT give a more powerful shower than a combi - both are mains pressure.

which worcester do you have now?
was it w-b that did the repair 3 months ago?

about your new boiler: yes, a COMPLETELY BY THE BOOK installed unvented system will give more flow than a large combi, about 30 lpm vs 20

but at a high cost. boiler is virtually the same price; good cylinder supply and fit at least 1500, upgrading your mains all the way from the meter, at least that again.

downside is off course with a cylinder, if you really use that high flow, you will be cold in 10 minutes or less. you will then have NO hot water at all, until the boiler finishes its next heating cycle.

a 40 kw combi will happily run 2 normal showers, if you want more, it will cost you an extra 3 grand or so

In principle a combi will match an unvented providing the flow rate being asked for is within the capability of the combi, that it one of your few comments I'd agree with.

My company is not a 'bathroom changer', and ironically it is our installation pictured in the Broag brochures that you seem to like self abusing yourself over.

You are very disparaging over other people's work, you sound like a eunuch in a harem - you have seen it done but you can't do it yourself.

Once again.....An unvented cylinder will NOT give a more powerful shower than a combi - both are mains pressure.

Proof in pudding

Take simple gardena hose in garden.
Open spout 10% and let 10 people feel it.
Open spout 50% and let same 10 people feel it.
Same tap, so we know pressure is the same.
See how many people say they are equally powerful

In principle a combi will match an unvented providing the flow rate being asked for is within the capability of the combi, that it one of your few comments I'd agree with.

Not in principle, in practice. I advise to look at an Ethos 54C installation. Also look at some Rinnais. You said you fitted some Rinnias, so should know better.

You didn't know the Broag was dual temperature boiler. Poor product knowledge.

You are very disparaging over other people's work, you sound like a eunuch in a harem - you have seen it done but you can't do it yourself.

If only you knew. I don't like poor quality work. I don't like poorly thought out work either with pipes crossing and all over the place. They should be neat and together all running together where possible. Elbows where necessary only. I saw some poor work on your web site.

Do you mean 'dual' temperature? That is the second time you mispelt it, for one so keen on commenting on the education of others.

If I was running my business based on your ideas on this forum;
1. I wouldn't have one
2. I would be on BBC Watchdog

I have provide evidence of my work, you have a keyboard.
I show what we do, you make up stories.

There is room here for both of us. Just don't get ideas above your station :LOL: .

Do you mean 'dual' temperature? That is the second time you mispelt it, for one so keen on commenting on the education of others.

If I was running my business based on your ideas on this forum;

You would deliver a better higher quality solution to the customer. which is cheaper and quicker. Better for you as you are out ASAP with your money.

There is room here for both of us. Just don't get ideas above your station.

What tube station? You need better product knowledge and how to apply superior solutions. Quality could be better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back