Which condenser boiler?

LBE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a replacement boiler fitted in a 4 bedroom detached house with one bathroom and 10 radiators and have had 3 quotes with 3 different boilers recommended which are Alpha CD24R, Remeha 18v and Worcester Greenstar 24i. I have heard of Worcester but not the others and the plumber I feel I would have the most confidence in is recommending the Alpha. I would like to know whether the Alpha is any good and any thoughts on the others.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
All 3 are cheap budget boilers.
You should spend time on finding a good installer rather than the cheapest.

I'm certainly not looking for the cheapest as I want a good job done and generally I believe that in most cases you get what you pay for. The quotes I have had are within £200 of each other.

I do appreciate that having a boiler fitted correctly is very important and all 3 plumbers are by recommendation and have good reputations and I got quotes from 3 as much to see the approach and advice as price. Non of them knew that they were competing against anyone and I never gave the indication I wanted a cheap job so just assumed they would advise the best boiler for the job.

If these are cheap budget boilers and you feel that they could be bettered what would you suggest instead? Would I get greater longevity/reliability and better warranties by paying more? The ones above have between 2 and 5 year warranties.

Thanks for your input.

Sponsored Links
The number one issue that determines the reliability and longevity expectations is the quality of the install, in other words: how good is the chap that does it?
Discussions about the best brand boiler are about as popular as discussions about the best car. Whether you favour a Merc or a Lexus, if you start hammering them from day one, floor them when the engine is still cold and put Asda's own budget brand oil in when you buy them and then never service them again, neither is likely to outperform a Lada.

In the same fashion a topnotch boiler flung on the wall by muppet who doesn't know or care what he is doing will not bring you what you expect or hope for.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back