Which condensing combi boiler ?????

Aground, keep the Ideal Mexico. My recomendation to people having endless trouble with combis is move house to one with an Ideal Mexico. Take head, buy a combi to your cost. Get a condensing system boiler or condensing regular boiler and bs1566 dhw cylinder.

Snes, I have no connexions with Buderus so can't eally comment. All I am saying is from my point of view it's the best boiler today afaik. You'll never find a high profit combi swap merchant fitting them, they prefer cheap boilers so they make another £300 out of you on top of the £400 they've already made, and they won't lose any sleep about not answering the phone to you when it breaks down, you won't see them for dust. We see it all the time, phone call goes like "help I have no heating or hot water nobody seems to answer the phone" when you get there, boiler is one of a shed load local builders merchant swamped local building trade the incentive being it is cheapest boiler available. He'll tell you "that';s what you want, great these".

Benchmark log won't have been completed, youi'll not even remember who fitted it or won't be able to get hold of him, therte'll be a number of things wrong with the installation, boiler will be oozing water from every orifice and bearly repairable.

Skimp on things no p[roblem, I'm tight my wife won't spend money she's a Yorkshire lass, but spending more money on boilers is the cheapest way.

Sponsored Links
paul barker-if your still out there contacted that website that you ngave me todayabout that potterton performa and they are going to send me the info out thanks very much.(but they will not sell to public they said-will only sell to corgi via pts)
just one more question-been offerd a baxi/potterton 105 he for similar money-whats the difference if any between the performa and the 105he and which one would you go for. has the 105 he any problems???
from people who ive spoken to only seem to have good things to say about baxi/potterton so i think ill go for one of these.
once again thanx for your valued advice.

Exactly same boiler, different name. Potterton one is cheaper, no reason to pay any more just for a name. Potterton is a time honoured British heating nam,e anyway, no idea why the group uses it for budget stuff. Some pretentious director who is a Baxi man through and through I suppose.

I think you've made an excellent choice. You get a 2 year warranty with that website.

They don't need to offer 5 year warranty on this boiler it has proved itself in the field. Only have to offer those carrots for brand new designs which you are the guinea pigs for. Here's hoping they don't guff on a Puma scale ever again.

Actually I've not been around because I'm fitting one at the moment.

Poor people have a wedding to save for and have just bought a car, so the one who got squeezed was the boiler, but it'll be right.

Old Glow Worm cast iron boiler was a definate gonner, leaking heat ex, rotten burner, sooted up to high heaven, and absolutely full of sludge, the really dry thick hard stuff which blocks the colf feed t normally. Amaising they had co detectors in the compartment with the boiler and not a mark on them.

Man am I going to have to powerflush it well tomorrow.

I'm supposed to be on holiday, doing this without my man. Not funny.

Anyhow I'll pop over to your gaf next week if you only get stupidly high quotes.

hi-paul im reading your reply correctly..... that the 105 he and the performa are identical machines(this is correct-yeah??)can you please confirm--------. wonder you have any time to do anywork answering all my stupid questions...........your like the batman of this website-noticed that youve answered quite a few other peoples problems...i was also asking the other day about renewing water main coming into house-can this go under subfloor of house as i got informed by a work colleague that it shouldnt??...
thanx-don

Sponsored Links
Yes it is definately the same under the cover I fit both but push the Potty because there is no point paying more for no benefit.

How rediculous all water mains go under sub floor of houses. I don't know the official answer though better hope Chris Hutt or someone answers.

I don't answer that many posts and haven't been here that long. You'd have find me more prolific on valve audio forums around the world
a few years ago, but I got bored it's the same old discussions going round and round in circles. Nothing new under the sun.

I might get bored here one day.

Snes, many of the smaller manufacturers have very good products but are seriously lagging behind with their customer service.

Even Viessmann with generally very respected products have not sorted out their customer service. No stock in any merchants, three day delivery expected but not guaranteed, just one lady to answer phones between 12-2 pm. THEY HAVE TWICE IGNORED MY REQUEST TO ATTEND THEIR INSTALLERS COURSE! I cannot waste any more time on such a badly managed firm!

Tony

Yes Buderus sisn't stock any merchants here until I ordered a pallet at my expense through city plumbing, then pts decided I was right about them and now stock one of each model and all the flue configurations. Since city made me pay for the stock and pts pay for the stock I exclusively use pts for them. They both seem to give me the same deal.

The service back up is probably the worst of any boiler since only a very small number of the Worcester engineers are trained on them. That'll all change when their reputation for engineering quality dawns upon people presently in the Worcester fold and you won't be able to give away a 28kw worcester. Then they'll have more Buderus dedicated servicemen than worcester.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back