Which of these boilers would you recommend?

Me again!

Okay, the only one from the list I am still considering is the Vaillant and WB but now I have been reading about Veissman 200 and it seems like a great option to install.

If you had to buy a boiler for your own house and have it ordered by this coming Thursday which would you go for?

I would like to reiterate that I am NOT looking to buying it directly and that I have a Gas Safe Registered Heating Engineer doing the purchase and installation.

p.s is a systems flush necessary when fitting a new boiler, or is it merely advisable?

Sponsored Links
the viessmann vitodens 200 is a great boiler, BUT only if you buy the weather compensation kit the vitotronic 200, also consider the vaillant with weather comp, otherwise any old boiler will do..

I wouldn't have an issue fitting any of those boilers! Although I'd swap the worcester 30si for a 34 cdi mainly for better hot water so long as you have good flow and pressure on your mains!

Have made the decision to go with WB. Consistently positive recommendations and it comes with 5 years P/L guarantee for peace of mind.

Thanks all!

Sponsored Links
Same boiler comes with 8 years warranty if you get it installed by a Gold level accredited installer.

Trying to see what the best price is online for the vaillant with flue and controls but I have no idea what 'controls' it will need. Can someone tell me so I can do a proper pricing on it. TIA!

Also I can only see 2 year guarantee offers for the Glow Worm and Vaillant. Are these 7 year ones model specific?

I have just had the Glow Worm Ultracom2 30CXI installed, and have added a Climapro2 RF Roomstat and an outdoor sensor to it.

Boiler seems very good, very quiet when running, good supply of hot water, not tested the heating in anger yet as it is still too warm outside.

Some (most?) long warranties probably do not amount to a bag of beans ?

15 years :) ;)

All under written by D&G cost included in the price of the boiler (maybe?)

there will be trouble in the future when these long warranties are cashed in ;)

WB more plastic than uwould find at one of them tupper ware parties , veissmann probably the same with the added bonus of some rubber heater hose & clips sourced from the german equivalent of halfords (may be ?)

:)

the viessmann vitodens 200 is a great boiler, BUT only if you buy the weather compensation kit the vitotronic 200, also consider the vaillant with weather comp, otherwise any old boiler will do..

Had this type of system installed in my house January 2012 (19kW boiler, weather comp, modulating pump, 210liter DHW tank) and I'm very pleased with it.

Make sure you get larger than normal rads (larger heat emitting area) and make sure your home insulation is up to spec to get the most out of the weather comp. The larger rad need not be physically bigger, get a type 22 over the other type.

By doing the above the heating flow temp is 55C @ 0C outside air temperature, nice and warm inside. This has lead to a big drop in gas consumption.

Other brands do weather comp, but I'd have Veissmann again no problem.

What happens to the Viessmann 200 if you fit it without weather compensation?
Does this 'great boiler' suddenly start to dissolve or something?
It's either a good boiler or is not regardless of the controls it's fitted with surely.

It's either a good boiler or is not regardless of the controls it's fitted with surely.

Without the weather comp, it's just like any other boiler - heats water to a pre-determined set point. If you are not using the weather comp then you miss out on one of it's key points - very low burner output when modulating to meet heat load. This helps with maintaining flow temp and helps prevent cycling at lower flow temps (or thats is the way I see it anyhow)

Without the weather comp, it's just like any other boiler - heats water to a pre-determined set point. If you are not using the weather comp then you miss out on one of it's key points - very low burner output when modulating to meet heat load. This helps with maintaining flow temp and helps prevent cycling at lower flow temps (or thats is the way I see it anyhow)

Will do nothing for burner cycling.

Some (most?) long warranties probably do not amount to a bag of beans ?

15 years :) ;)

All under written by D&G cost included in the price of the boiler (maybe?)
:)

Oh no, it's MUCH better than that...to qualify for the 15 year warranty you must have your shiny new Glowworm serviced every year by Glowworm themselves, nobody else can touch it, and I can't find anywhere where they specify how much they will charge for servicing it. No doubt it will be priced to cover the warranty...

OP - you've been caught by the marketing monster. Should have gone with the Intergas...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back