Which boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

Looking for a new boiler for 2 up, 2 down new build house.

Have been looking at Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30CDI combi or a Baxi Duo Tec 33 HE Combi Boiler.

What would people recommend I go for? And, where should I get it from - suggestions welcomed.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Not keen on the worcester, I quite like the baxi's and they are easy to work on, also vaillant are very good.

Remeha Avanta plus combi.

Nice and compact, easy to fit, 5 year guarantee.

just take the p!$$ ideal logic plus
they say it`s a very good boiler
but i think their will be few who say other things

Sponsored Links
Looking for a new boiler for 2 up, 2 down new build house.
As it is a new build, you should know what the heat loss is and therefore what size boiler is needed for heating. Probably about 6-8kW.

Have you have checked your mains water flow and pressure?

Assuming you have, and the 30CDi or 33HE are suitable for the HW side, you now have the problem that the CH outputs are probably too high. The 30CDi gives off 7.7-30kW and the 33He provides 9.4-28kW. Assuming you need 8kW for heating, both these boilers will be running at their bottom limit; and this is only when it is freezing outside. In warmer weather the boiler will not be able to modulate low enough, so it changes to on/off mode, which is less efficient.

I can recommend the Vaillant EcoTec 824 combi/condensing. I have a (very old) 2 bed house and it heats the place up (6 rads) very quickly.
Also provides a decent hot shower. I can only imagine that this would heat a new build even faster and be economical to run.

I've had it for about 18 months and compared to the piece of junk Ferroli that it replaced, it has been a joy to use.
Was supplied by my plumber friend but cost around £850-900 back then from a local supplier.
Just Google your boiler of choice and you'll see a whole bunch of prices.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back