Which Felt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having completed my outbuilding roof I now need some felt for my shed, I've seen a trype of roof felt thats black with a sand in it (I apologise for my ignorance) can this be used for felting a roof or is this just underlay?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like just underlay. You can use this then you would need some finishing coat on top of that, something like green mineral.

yep, have the green stuff

shed.jpg

Top of my shed, and not a nail to be seen (it has nails just they can not be seen)

oh, it was green when i put it on

Sponsored Links
Don’t get shed felt its to thin, get the thicker stuff.

google selco and see if there is a branch near you. they have some great deals on green mineral at the moment.

Its members only so email me and i'll give you my membership number, you don't need a card just tell them a number.

thanks I'll check it out

Unfortunately there is not a branch in the South East, my nearest branch is South London, Wickes have the green mineral for about £13.99 I think for a 10m roll 1m wide. Is that good or bad?

Please read the forum rules.

do not hi-jack other peoples posts

fattony said:
thanks I'll check it out

Unfortunately there is not a branch in the South East, my nearest branch is South London, Wickes have the green mineral for about £13.99 I think for a 10m roll 1m wide. Is that good or bad?

About right.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back