which gas combi boiler. Vaillant 838 or 938 boiler and why? efficiency?

Fan assisted radiators can be as effective as under floor wet heating. So can large panel radiators. When designing the size of a fan assisted radiator take care to get accurate figures for heat transfer efficiency at lower temperatures. The graph of heat transfer against water temperature is not linear and can droop at water temperatures that are below the bottom end of the graph

OMG!! You spout some load of drivel BG. Have you ever seen, let alone lived, in a house with fan convectors??
Awful things, perhaps one of the worst heat emitters, ever!!!
But hey, if you were enlightened by Google AGAIN it must be true!!

Sponsored Links
OMG!! You spout some load of drivel BG. Have you ever seen, let alone lived, in a house with fan convectors??

Yes I have seen fan assisted radiators, I have stayed in houses and a hotel with fan assisted radiators.

Awful things, perhaps one of the worst heat emitters, ever!!!

Perhaps in your experience, the one disadvantage is that some low cost items can be a source of noise if over blown but good design can produce near silent operation.

But hey, if you were enlightened by Google AGAIN it must be true!!

Information from direct contact with a university and the research program they were pursuing into heating systems. Their findings agreed with results from the Philip Experimental House at Eindhoven. (1978 ? )

A bit of forward think tbh, no divertor valve and only 1 heat exchanger, what's their customer service like?

They are great, except for that big bald one who calls himself Razor :mrgreen:

If you're interested we do a half days training at 50 odd sites around the uk which is almost all about the boiler with the minimum of selling spiel.

The concept isn't entirely new but the engineering that goes into the heat exchanger is outstanding

Sponsored Links
Yes I have seen fan assisted radiators, I have stayed in houses and a hotel with fan assisted radiators.

Perhaps in your experience, the one disadvantage is that some low cost items can be a source of noise if over blown but good design can produce near silent operation.

Information from direct contact with a university and the research program they were pursuing into heating systems. Their findings agreed with results from the Philip Experimental House at Eindhoven. (1978 ? )
............and dissertation of bull sh.t!!! Which is a substance you're know for spouting on a regular basis.

One of the more honest usernames on here.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back