Which heating Control system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just after some advice please :D

I am doing up my house which has two heating zones, ground floor and 1st floor for the radiators.

I have purchased the Honeywell ST9400C for the DHW and for possible UFH at a later stage and also the ST9500C for the two central heating zones.

I have a Viessmann system boiler with a 250l cylinder.

The first floor has 4 bedrooms and a bathroom, and the ground floor has a lounge, dining and kitchen.

I would ideally like to control all the rooms separately in relation to central heating temperatures.

I have considered fitting Terrier i-temp 130 TVR's to the upstairs rads and possibly a system downstairs that I can control all room temeratures separately without continually adjusting TVR's.

What product or solution would you recommend???

1. Installing the digital i-temp's to all the rooms leaving me to contol them at each radiator.
2. Installing a system that I can control downstairs rooms with a wireless controller to each radiator.
3. Controlling all rooms with a wireless system which is another controller I have to manage.

I have looked into the Hometronic but would just like to purchase the unit and add the independent Honeywell HR80's. This appears the best option so far as I am not convinced in the Househeat Housemaster.

I really would like the option to control each room indepenendly without manually adjusting each rad valve.

Cheers,

Scott

Sponsored Links
I don't quite see what you're getting at, all TRVs (not TVRs, they're a former British car company that was ruined by a Russian...) will control the temperature of individual rooms, that's the whole point of them. Or do you mean you want to be able to have a system where the temperature of any one room varies throughout the day so you can, for example, have the lounge at 20ºC during the day and 12ºC during the night, without adjusting individual rads?

If the latter is the case then the Terrier i-Temps will do what you want, they are programmable to vary the temperature up to six times every day.

If you want more control then you can install the Honeywell CM Zone Pack, which is more sophisticated http://www.cm-zone.com/application.php?language=en

Thanks for your advice.

Yes I would like to control different rooms at different temperatures at various times of the day...and the easiest way possible.

I agree that once I set the i-temps up it will be fine...just thought it might be worth installing a system with a central control unit as opposed to manually adjusting them to suit.

Yes meant TRV's :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back