Which is best float to finish Plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Simple question

Can any experienced plasterers offer any advice on which is the best float to buy for final finish on plaster ?

I have heard that the plastic ones are good , I have one half decent steel float, this I use for applying bonding and the top coat with surprisingly good results .
Just trying to do the best and dont mind paying for a good float.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi, plasters call them trowels, not floats, if the trowel (float) you own suits you and does a good job in your hands then that is all you need, all plasterers use their finishing trowel when they first get one as a rendering trowel to break it in (or rub it on a kerb edge in wet sand) and the skimming of the finish hones the edge of the blade.
edit
I've not used my finishing trowel which is a Marshall town for over twenty years, but I could still shave with it , lol

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
I finished with trowel.
I never could get on with plastic so I gave mine away.

To answer.
It's what works best for you. So many trowels on the market you will never get an answer to what's best..
Also there is no magic tools. You need to practice using trowels and blades to see what works for you

Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back