Which programmable central heating thermostat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to replace my old mechanical thermostat with a programmable digital one. There are many makes available incl. ACL Drayton, Danfoss Randall, Honeywell, Siemens, Towerstat and Heatmiser. Does anyone have any recommendations with, in particular, to the ease of programming and number of features? For example, I don't want to have to get the manual out each time I need to set the time.

Also, what is the advantage of the wireless models? Are they just a gimmick?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I've just installed a Honeywell CM927 (wireless) and it is superb. It rates very highly with other too, as do many of the current Honeywell products.

They're not cheap though, although eBay may come to the rescue.

Over £100 in the shops for mine, £68 off eBay.

Sorry, I'm still not sure about the advantage of wireless. So, is the idea that you take the thermostat from room to room depending which room you're going to be in for a given period? e.g. living room in the evening and then bedroom for the night.

Sponsored Links
No the advantage is you don`t have to damage decoration getting wires in, if you have trvs the stat should be in the room without a trv.. Mind you some manufacturers litrature is showing them being used basically as a remote control which is wrong mind you it would be handy for turning heating on without getting out of bed :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back