Which pump??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been told that i need a new pump for my ch and am arranging for it to be fitted by a friend of a friend. i have been asked to have the new pump here for when he gets here. it seems fairly straight forward to buy one from wickes or similar...my question though is what is the difference between a 6m head and a 5m head and how do i work out which one i need to buy??

Sponsored Links
How big is the house? How many rads?

A 15/50 pump should be enough for most houses but if you have a town house then a 15/60 would be more powerful HTH

hey gasman. its a 3 bed house over two floors. 4 rads upstairs...3 down including one double. i looked at wickes website and they have one pump at 5m head and one at 6m. whats the difference? thanks in advance.

Go for the 5 ;)

Basically 1 is more powerful than the other but you dont need the big un

Sponsored Links
The other thing is if he can get the old pump off the valves.... buy a pair of new pump valves just in case ;)

Dont buy the myson pump they are c#ap. grunfoss is best but dear the wilo is the best of the low budget pumps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back