Which Roof Sealant?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a patch of flat roof that I'd like to seal. I was looking to use Thompson's 10 Year Roof Seal but a friend suggested trying Ronseal Isoflex Liquid Rubber because it was thicker and should last longer.

Does anyone have experience of the Ronseal stuff? Its a lot more expensive then Thompson's but is it worth the extra? Is there anything better?

Sponsored Links
I've got a patch of flat roof that I'd like to seal. I was looking to use Thompson's 10 Year Roof Seal but a friend suggested trying Ronseal Isoflex Liquid Rubber because it was thicker and should last longer.

Does anyone have experience of the Ronseal stuff? Its a lot more expensive then Thompson's but is it worth the extra? Is there anything better?

Cromapol acrylic waterproofer with fibres is good, can be used when the surface is damp and it has good solar reflective qualities.

Whats the difference between the Isoflex rubber and Cromapol acrylic stuff. Is acrylic better (longer lasting) than rubber or the other way round?

Why not post pics of the flat roof - it would help with, perhaps, other suggestions if the true condition of the roof is shown on here?

Sponsored Links
Sorry no pictures. Its nothing special, just a oblong-ish patch that is covered with a wickes easy seal cap sheet felt. The roof is sound and not leaking but as its in direct sunlight it is degrading. So it seemed like a good idea to do something now to protect the roof covering.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back