Which Roof Seal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How does Thompsons 10 Year Roof Seal compare with the Bostik One Coat Roof Seal and the Isoflex Liquid Rubber? The Bostik says it's got glass fibres in it to reinforce it, don't know if the others do as well.

They're all priced about the same, just wondered which is better/stronger/longer lasting as I'm putting it on a flat roof that's under the Sun most of the day. The Thompsons and Bostik say they're good for 10 years, but the Isoflex says it'll last 20 year years, really?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
How does Thompsons 10 Year Roof Seal compare with the Bostik One Coat Roof Seal and the Isoflex Liquid Rubber? The Bostik says it's got glass fibres in it to reinforce it, don't know if the others do as well.

They're all priced about the same, just wondered which is better/stronger/longer lasting as I'm putting it on a flat roof that's under the Sun most of the day. The Thompsons and Bostik say they're good for 10 years, but the Isoflex says it'll last 20 year years, really?
I'm sceptical of all these products because there are so many outside influences that can stymie the performance of the product. Conditions/installers that allow these products to flourish, rarely occur.

There's always a compromise, but how do they stack up and given the choice which would you pick?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that.

What I didn't understand was the Isoflex. It's about double the price of the other two but is pure rubber. I would have thought you'd be better off putting on something "artificial" like glass fibre instead of rubber which'll just go soft if the roof is in direct sunlight most of the day. Or have I just got the wrong end of the stick?

There are a number of quality roof sealing products each with their own individual properties. For a more permanent finish I would have no hesitation in recommending you looking at epdm as a system that will give you all the guarantees you require. Hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back