Which type of Cental heating????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking for some advice. I currently have an old Parkray fire which is somewhat dated.

I am looking to change the heating system, but dont know which would be best??

I can get gas, as the house next door has gas, but I am concerened about the future expense of gas!

I have also head lots about Electric boilers and Underfloor heating, but dont know how effective and economical they are.

However I need some advice on which is best, cheapest to install and potentially cheapest to run long term?

Any help would be great.

Sponsored Links
All fossil fuel fired CH is getting more expensive to run. Renewables are expensive to buy and install. Because of the ultra cheap cost of equipment and fitting, mains gas c/w rads still works out cheapest.

Why are you considering electric when there is gas available

gas 3p / kwh

electric 9p / kwh (ish)

no brainer..... put a condensing gas boiler in to run the underfloor heating, this will be a very efficient system as it will be in condensing mode for the u/f heating.

Look at Keston condensing boilers as they have 1 flow temp for u/f htg and 1 flow temp for your HW cylinder.

Forget electric.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back