question about under floor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i am casting a new floor in my kitchen and batchroom in concrete. I would like to install underfloor heating in both rooms.

I just wandered what the general opinion is whether to go for water or electric heating.

Which works best and which is the most economical?

Many thanks for the help.

Andy

Sponsored Links
electric systems far easier and cheaper to install. running costs wet systems are probably cheaper at the moment but for how much longer who knows, both systems are reliable if installed properly. moost companies will design specifically for your floor plan if you ask them nicely

If you're shortly going to pour your concrete floor this is the best (?only?) time to do a water system. Personally I'd prefer it as cheaper to run and easy to connect to your wet CH syst. I presume your floor will have insulation under the screed?

Sponsored Links
hi, thanks for the replies. The floor will have 100mm insulation under the concrete.

So do you think water or electric.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back