Which Wacker Plate or Compactor Plate to buy?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
I am trying to buy good compactor plate or wacker plate but there are so many different types on the market.

I need wacker plate to compact MOT 1, then I want to wacked the block paving and I do not understand do I have to have rubber mat or not and what is the optimum power of engine or vibrating for wacker plate.

Please help I do not want to spend fortune but also do not want to buy something it will "die" after two weeks.

I will use moderate for some other projects as well.

I was checking on eBay and online and it is mess out there...thousands if not..

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Hire one till you know what you're doing and can afford to buy a decent one.

That way you get to try the good from the bad.

I've a similar question, though to do with hiring, so i guess we'll need the same spec irrespective of where it comes from.

I need to wacker some mot type 1 down ready for concrete pad to be poured, so the options are:

Light Vibrating Plates: Ideal for use in awkward and narrow areas, whether you are compacting sand and gravel or bedding-in paving.

Light Compact: Ideal for DIY applications

Light Professional: Robust for heavy contractor use

Medium Vibrating Plates: To compact hardcore, sand or gravel you need large, medium-duty vibrating plates like these powerful, easy to use models.

Hauc Model: Vibrating plates incorporate a stepped base to meet regulations. Safety goggles, ear defenders, gloves and safety kit can be purchased online or when you collect.

Which one do we go for?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back