Whiffaway. waterless urinals.

I have a business meeting today in the hotel/pub where these waterless urinals are fitted and i will have another nose around.:cool:

Thanks for replys.

Sponsored Links
You do get it solidifying in soft water areas. I've unblocked a few. Phew!

Being serious - it can only be worthwhile if you are already operating a cleaning company / franchise . The urinal pipework will probably need altering in a lot of cases - horrible job , so it wouldn`t be cheap to find someone to do it .

Well i had a good sniff around the urinals this morning (yes i am waiting for a frankie howard remark) and the smell was non there.
i had a chance to talk with the area manager and he told me the waterless urinals have saved a lot on water but increased complaints of smell,They have a contract with the installing company which they cannot get out of that easily.
They have contracted a company to install rainwater harvesting for flush away water,now thats interesting.

Sponsored Links
Its not limescale it looks like limescale but its actually its calcium urate !
Its nothing to do with the water its in the urine !!!!

Maybe; my understanding is that it's the product of a reaction between the urine and flushing water, the calcium coming from hard water. I believe you don't get the concrete-like stuff with soft water flushing or with water-less urinals.

Info here that supports this theory;
http://www.waterlessurinals.co.uk/about-waterless-urinals/

Is this just manufacturer's blurb? Does anyone know different?

You get it in softwater areas as well not just hardwater.

Until recently we never had limescale at all but still had a buildup in urinals of calcium urate !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back